This is a lovely dessert to make when you have some pizza dough leftover. Of course you can make some dough specially also. Nutella with fruit (bananas or strawberries) is the perfect topping.
The pizza base is baked blind and then topped with Nutella and fruit. You can bake again for 1 minute if you want to warm the fruit but I usually don’t.
Strawberries are my favourite fruit topping but bananas or raspberries are quite nice also.
- 130 g strong white flour
- 83 ml lukewarm water
- 1 g yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp olive oil
- strawberries or bananas
- If you are using a bread maker combine the flour, water, yeast. sugar, salt and olive oil in your machine and turn to the pizza cycle. Skip ahead to step 7
- If you are using a mixer with dough hook combine the flour, water, yeast. sugar, salt and olive oil in your machine and mix on low for 5 minutes. Skip ahead to step 7
- If making by hand, sieve the flour into a large bowl and add the yeast, sugar and salt
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the olive oil and lukewarm water
- Bring together by hand or with a wooden spoon until you have a soft dough
- Kneed for 5-10 minutes until smooth and springy
- Leave to prove for 30 minutes. You can also store in the fridge (covered in cling film) for a few hours. Just remember to take it out 2 hours before baking to prove further and get to room temperature.
- On a well floured surface, shape the dough. You can use your hands to stretch the dough to the right size and shape. If you don't feel comfortable using your hands then feel free to use a rolling pin.
- Place onto a baking tray.. Using a fork, make some marks on the dough to ensure it stays flat when baking
- Bake in a 230 C oven for 4 minutes
- Remove from the oven and spread with Nutella and fruit