This is a lovely dessert to make when you have some pizza dough leftover. Of course you can make some dough specially also. Nutella with fruit (bananas or strawberries) is the perfect topping.
The pizza base is baked blind and then topped with Nutella and fruit and baked again for another minute.
Strawberries are my favourite fruit topping but banans are quite nice also.
Servings 2 pizzas
- 100 g strong white flour
- 70 ml lukewarm water
- 1.75 g yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp olive oil
- strawberries or bananas
- If you are using a bread maker combine the flour, water, yeast. sugar, salt and olive oil in your machine and turn to the pizza cycle. Skip ahead to step 6
- If making by hand, sieve the flour into a large bowl and add the yeast, sugar and salt
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the olive oil and lukewarm water
- Bring together by hand or with a wooden spoon until you have a soft dough
- Kneed for 5-10 minutes until smooth and springy
- Leave to prove for 30 minutes
- Divide the dough into 2 balls
- On a well floured surface, roll each dough ball out thinly into a round pizza base.
- Place onto a baking tray.. Using a fork, make some marks on the dough to ensure it stays flat when baking
- Bake in a 230 C oven for 4 minutes
- Remove from the oven and spread with Nutella and fruit
- Bake for another minute and serve
Leave a Reply