One of my favourite things about summer besides the wonderful warmth of the sun on my bones are tomatoes. They are in such abundance in this time and in so many varieties. I love to wander through a market in a European town and admire the tomatoes in all their glory.
I probably eat a version of this salad every day on holidays. It is so simple and you can use any tomatoes you want. I love to add colour to mine.
I usually serve with other treasures purchsed from the market – freshly baked bread, cured meat, bean salads, pesto and olives. It is lovely with some grilled meats also.
Summer Tomato Salad
- 250 g tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic crushed or chopped finely
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in even bite-sized pieces.
- Crush or finely chop the garlic
- Add the tomatoes and garlic to a bowl and mix
- Drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top
- Season well with salt
- Add a little freshly ground black pepper
- Leave to rest for a few minutes
- Serve and enjoy!