Steaming vegetables is a great way to preserve the nutrients in the vegetables. Green beans only take 5 minutes to steam.
There are so many ways to dress the beans once you have steamed them. You can go with the simple choice of salt, pepper and butter which is always delicious. Or you can be try other flavours like salt, pepper, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Or garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Or add thinly sliced garlic along with the butter, salt and pepper. Or salt, pepper, thinly sliced garlic, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
You could also use a vinaigrette as a dressing.
Steamed Green Beans
- 400 g green beans
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- Top and tail your green beans
- Boil some water and add to your saucepan
- Insert your steamer with the green beans inside
- Steam for 5 minutes and remove to a bowl
- Add a little salt, pepper and butter to your beans and serve
- Feel free to try any of the following combinations1. Salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil2. Crushed Ginger, crushed garlic and soy sauce3. salt, pepper, butter
4. Add thinly sliced garlic to options 1 or 3