This is one of my husbands favourite dishes to rustle up when he is cooking just for himself. In Italian it is called spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino. It is so quick and simple to make but quite delicious.
Spaghetti with Olive Oil, Garlic and Chilli
- 250 g spaghetti
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- Heat the water for your spaghetti, allowing 1 litre per 100g.
- Slice the garlic thinly
- When the water boils, add salt and the spaghetti to the boiling water.
- Heat the olive oil and garlic slowly in a small saucepan or frying pan, being careful not to burn the garlic
- Add the chilli flakes and cook for 1 more minute
- Drain the pasta and reserve about 60ml of the cooking water.
- Add the water to the sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and mix well.
- Add some salt.
- Serve and eat immediately.