I love this pasta and would happily eat it every week. It has so much flavour from the roasted vegetables and the tomato sauce brings it all together.
You can use left over roasted vegetables in this recipe if you have some. I use peppers, red onion, courgettes, cherry tomatoes and aubergine as they are traditionally Mediterranean vegetables and are delicious when roasted.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 courgette
- 1/2 aubergine
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- handful basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Chop the vegetables in bite size pieces and put in a baking dish. Add the cherry tomotoes (leaving them whole)
- Drizzle with olive oil and add 2 cloves of garlic. Pop into a 180 degree oven and roast for 30 minutes
- While the vegetables are roasting add some oil to a saucepan and entle fry the remaining cloves of garlic for a couple of minutes making sure not to burn them
- Then add the tomatoes, herbs and seasoning and simmer until the vegetables are roasted.
- Cook some fusilli pasta (about 100g per person)
- Add the roasted vegetables into the tomato sauce and stir well. Then add the pasta and stir the sauce through. Add a ladle or two of the pasta water. This helps the sauce coat the pasta.