Roast chicken is so versatile and can be stuffed with a variety of ingredients. One of my favourite stuffings is mozzarella, black olives and semi sundried tomatoes. It gives a real Mediterranean vibe to the dish.
It is quick to prepare and bake and tastes great. Place your hand on top of the chicken breast and cut the chicken breast through the middle without cutting all the way through. Then add the stuffing ingredients and close. I use toothpicks or bamboo skewers to keep the chicken breast together and prevent the stuffing from falling out.
I add some lemon quarters into my baking tray with a little water. This will some juice or sauce that you can pour over the chicken when serving.
I like to serve with a variety of different sides depending on what I feel like eating including dauphinoise potatoes, rice, baby potatoes, roasted baby potatoes, steamed green beans or broccoli.
If I serve rice with my chicken I often add some soy sauce to the juice for extra flavour.
Roast Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts
- 50 g mozzarella sliced thinly
- 12 black olives pitted
- 12 semi sundried tomatoes
- 1 lemon quartered
- ground black pepper
- Slice the mozzarella thinly and pit the olives
- Put the chicken on a chopping board. Place your hand on top of the chicken breast and cut it through the middle being careful not to cut right through.
- Add 1/4 of each of the mozzarella, olives and semi sun-dried tomatoes to each chicken breast and close over
- Use a toothpick or two to prevent the stuffing from falling out
- Place all four breasts into a baking tray and add some quartered lemon and a little water
- Season the breasts with a little salt, pepper and olive oil
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through
- Use the juice from the pan as a sauce.