These pastry treats are a great weekend breakfast and are a variation on my Nutella Pastry Twists. They are so quick to make and taste delicious. My kids think they are nicer than the twists and have requested them for Christmas morning.
When you cut the pastry the circles will be quite small. Don’t worry as they will puff up considerably in the oven.
Serve with some delicious coffee or hot chocolate once they have cooled down for 5 minutes.
A seasonal twist on these swirls would be to use mincemeat (mixture of dried fruits and spices) instead of nutella.
Puff Pastry & Nutella Swirls
Servings 16 swirls
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to 180 C, 350 F or Gas Mark 4
- Take your sheet of puff pastry and roll it to make it a little bit bigger. You will need a little flour on your rolling surface to prevent it sticking. Don't use too much flour.
- Spread a thick layer of Nutella on the sheet. Then carefully roll the pastry along the long side. You should get about 16 little pastry circles. The circles will be quite small. Don't worry as they will puff up in the oven.
- You can use egg wash or milk to glaze the pastry if you wish but most of the time I don't bother.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minute until risen and golden brown. The pastry will puff up and the swirls will become much bigger.
We love when our Mam makes them as a weekend breakfast treat
I made them today so simple and easy to make