This is a quick and simple soup that is perfect for a miserable day. I first made it to use up some potatoes I had when I had very little else on hand.
As with most soups you can store this in your fridge for a few days or you can freeze it. It is always best to freeze in individual portions.
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 onion
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 120 ml milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan. Add the potatoes and onions and toss them in the butter until well coated.
- Sprinkle with some salt, black pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Sweat on a gentle heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- When the vegetables are soft but not coloured add the boiling stock and continue to cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the milk and purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Taste and adjust seasoning.