- 500 g chicken breast
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 500 ml sunflower oil
- 125 g flour
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Slice the chicken breasts into small bite size pieces.
- Add the chicken to a bowl with the buttermilk, 1/2 tsp of salt and a 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, 1/2 tsp of salt, smoked paprika, chilli powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and black pepper.
- Take a piece of chicken and coat it the flour mixture. Repeat for each piece of chicken.
- Heat up 2-3 cups of oil, depending how deep your pan is.
- In batches, add the chicken and fry for around 3-5 mins until golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain away excess fat. To test if they're cooked, just take one piece out and slice it through the centre. It should be white and piping hot.
- Serve on its own or with your favourite dip.