This is a twist on my peanut butter cookie recipe where we add chocolate chips for added deliciousness! The chocolate chips definitely enhance the taste of these cookies and I think we will be adding them all the time from now on.
Store the cookies in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 125 g butter room temperature
- 80 g light muscovado sugar or soft brown sugar
- 80 g caster sugar
- 125 g crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg beaten
- 175 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease 1-2 flat baking trays
- Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Next, beat in the peanut butter. Then stir in the beaten egg, baking powder and the flour. Mix until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix through.
- Taking teaspoonfuls of the mixture, roll them into a ball and place them onto the baking sheet (a little apart, to allow for spreading during baking). Press down on each cookie with a fork to give nice markings when baked.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until a little golden. They will still be soft to the touch.
- When baked, allow to set for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire tray to cool. When completely cold, store in an airtight container to keep them fresh.