Pasta is a great ingredient and makes dinner so quick and simple. Here is a lovely tomato and vegetable sauce that is quick and versatile.
This sauce can be stored in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for a few months. I recommend freezing it in individual portions.
Pasta with Tomato Vegetable Sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 stick celery
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 small courgette
- 1 tins plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- fresh basil leaves small handful
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- black pepper
- Chop the garlic, onions, celery, courgette and carrots into small pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and gently saute the vegetables.
- When they are soft add the tomatoes, herbs and seasonings and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 15 minutes and then puree until smooth
- While the sauce is simmering cook your favourite pasta
- Mix the sauce and the pasta, adding some pasta cooking water until you are happy with the consistency.
- Serve immediately.