This is a great pasta to pull together when you are in a rush. It takes about 25 minutes in total which means dinner can be on the table really quickly. You can use bacon lardons or pancetta pieces which are a freezer staple in our house.
It is delicious served with homemade garlic bread which can be used to mop up some of the sauce. As with all pasta dishes this needs to be served and eaten immediately.
Pasta with Bacon and Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 packet bacon lardons or pancetta
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- pinch crushed chilli flakes
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 400 gm spaghetti or penne
- Heat 4 litres of water in a large saucepan for your pasta
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a frying pan and add the bacon pieces. Fry until the bacon is crisp and then add the garlic and chilli flakes and fry for another minute
- Add the tin of tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Then simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering cook your pasta.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain well making sure to reserve some of the water.
- Add the pasta to your sauce and mix well. Add some of the pasta water until you are happy with the consistency. Serve immediately.