This is a quick and tasty dish that you can get onto the table in about 30-40 minutes. It is also a lovely way to cook pork chops to prevent them from drying out. The apples, mustard and onions create a lovely sauce to pour over the finished chops. It is best to use a tart variety of apple – maybe Granny Smiths.
You could also substitute apple cider or apple juice for some or all of the water to add even more flavour.
I prefer to use bone-in pork chops as I think the bone adds flavour while cooking but if you prefer boneless you can use those. Just remember to cook them for a few minutes less.
Oven Roasted Pork Chops
- 4 bone in pork chops
- 2 tsp meat seasoning
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 onions
- 2 large apples
- 1 tsp mustard
- 100-200 ml water
- Season the pork chops with your favourite meat seasoning and set aside. I use my steak rub
- Chop the onions and apples into slices.
- Heat the oven to 180C or 350F or Gas mark 4
- Heat your oven proof pan and add a little rapeseed oil.
- Add the pork chops and sear on each side - about 2 minutes a side. Remove from the pan and add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until they soften a little.
- Add the apples, the mustard and water and places the pork chops on top
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes. You can use a meat thermometer to verify the pork is cooked through.
- Serve with roast or mashed potatoes and some steamed green vegetables, eg steamed green beans