A good salad is a wonderful meal all on its own or is equally great as a side dish to all manner of items. I love to serve salad with bbq’d meats and vegetables, with roasted chicken pieces or along with steak, burgers or even meatball subs.
You can add any vegetables you want – my current favourites are a lovely 3 salad leaf lettuce that lidl sell, tomatoes, olives, cucumber and feta cheese. My go to salad dressing is a simple vinaigrette.
Wash your lettuce carefully and dry in a salad spinner or using a towel. I have a great salad spinner that I got a few years ago, it even has a brake to stop spinning! My kids fight over who gets to spin the leaves!
Combine the ingredients together but make sure not to dress your salad until ready to take it to the table.
- salad leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 12 olives pitted
- 1/4 cucumber
- 50 g feta
- Wash and dry your salad leaves and add to your serving bowl
- Wash the tomatoes and cucumber. Slice the tomatoes into small pieces. Remove the skin seeds from the cucumber and chop. Add to your salad bowl
- Pit the olives and add to the bowl
- Crumble the feta cheese on top. Feel free to use more or less
- When ready to serve add enough vinaigrette to dress your salad without over dressing it
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links I may earn a small commission, without any extra cost to you.