This rice is delicious served with Mexican shredded chicken and black beans.
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 220 g long grain rice
- 1/2 tin tomatoes pureed
- 450 ml warm water
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 stock cube
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add rice. Cook rice, stirring constantly, for several minutes, until rice begins to turn a golden color.
- Reduce heat to low to avoid spattering.
- Gently pour in warm water, tomato sauce and stir. Stir in chili powder, stock cube and garlic. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve with Mexican shredded chicken