This soup may not look beautiful but it is very tasty and worth a try. The flavours are lovely and it is great on a cold day for lunch.
You can use your favourite sausage for this recipe but an Italian styled sausage would be best.
Lentil, Sausage & Kale Soup
Servings 6 servings
- rapeseed oil
- 250 g good quality sausages
- 1 onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 700 ml chicken stock
- 150 g dried red lentils
- 125 g kale
- Cut the sausages into bite size pieces
- Finely dice the onion, celery, carrots and garlic
- Add some rapeseed oil to a saucepan and fry the sausage for 5 minutes. Add the diced onion, celery and carrots and saute for a further 5 minutes
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 more minute
- Then add the stock, tined tomatoes and lentils
- Wash the kale and remove the stalks. Add to the soup.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer for 30 minutes
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Serve with some fresh bread