These are a simple but delicious variation of a shortbread recipe. The fork markings making a nice design. The lemon zest gives a lovely light flavour to the biscuits.
You can also make these as simple fork biscuits and leave out the lemon zest.
Lemon Fork Biscuits
- 120 gm butter
- 60 gm sugar
- 180 gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C, 360 F or Gas mark 4
- Cream the butter and sugar together until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the plain flour and the lemon zest and mix lightly until it just comes together.
- Pull together into a dough and then divide into 20 small balls.
- Place the balls onto two baking trays making sure to spread them apart.
- Dip a fork in a cup of water and use the fork to flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes until they turn a pale golden colour.
- Cool on a wire rack.