- 600 g seafood mix usually salmon, white fish and smoked fish
- 400 ml milk for sauce
- 40 g butter for sauce
- 40 g flour for sauce
- 1 tsp mustard optional
- 1 kg potatoes
- 25-50 g butter for mashed potato
- 200 ml milk for mashed potato
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 180°C (360°F).
- Peel and cut your potatoes into quarters and boil or steam until soft
- Bring the milk to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce to simmer, add the fish and cook gently for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the pan, allow to cool a little, then flake into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then stir in the flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring all the time to make a glossy paste.
- Add the milk that was used to cook the fish, gradually, stirring all the time, until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper and mustard
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer gently for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes with the butter and milk, when cooked and season appropriately with salt and pepper
- Now add the fish to the sauce and spoon into a baking dish.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes on top and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until heated through and browned.
- Serve with some vegetables e.g. peas or carrots