I’m always looking for new chicken recipes that my family will enjoy. Even better if they are quick and easy to make.This is delicious and a firm favourite in our house.
Serve with some white rice.
Crispy Chicken and Green Bean Stir-fry
- 4 chicken breast
- 60 g cornflour
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 100 ml water
- 5-6 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 250 g green beans
- 2 handfuls cashew nuts
- Cut the chicken breasts in small pieces and coat in the cornflour
- Grate the ginger and garlic and combine with the soy sauce, chilli flakes and water to make a sauce. Set aside until later.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok or deep sided frying pan
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken in batches and stir-fry until cooked through. Depending on the size of your chicken pieces this should take 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and add the second batch with some more oil
- Once all the chicken is cooked through, set it to one side and add 1 tbsp oil to the wok
- Once the oil is hot, add the green beans and fry until the beans start to blister a little.
- Add the cashew nuts and fry for one minute longer.
- Add the sauce and the cooked chicken and cook until the sauce has heated through and has thickened. If the sauce is too thick just add some more water
- Serve with some rice.