I love soup and can never decide if I prefer pureed soups or chunky soups so I usually alternate between the two. This is a tasty chunky vegetable that you can add a lot of different vegetables to depending on what you have in the fridge or cupboard. I added onions, celery, carrots, beans, spinach and tinned tomatoes but you could also add butternut squash, courgette, peppers, sweet potatoes or potatoes.
Once made you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze in individual portions.
Chunky Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 4-5 carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tin butter beans
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 ltr stock
- 1 tsp pesto rosso
- 1 tbsp herbs de provence
- black pepper
- Chop the onion and celery into small pieces (about 1/2 cm squared)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently saute the onion and celery for 5 minutes
- Chop the carrots into small pieces also about 1/2 cm squared
- Add the carrots to the onion and celery and saute for a further 5 minutes
- Crush the garlic and add to the saucepan
- Add 1 ltr of stock. You can use a stock cube.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the tinned butter beans
- Add the seasoning - pesto rosso, salt, pepper, herbs.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20-25 minutes until the carrots are a little soft but not too soft.
- Serve with your favourite bread