These brownies are a real treat but are so full of sugar that we only eat it on birthdays or special occasions. They are delicious served warmed with a little whipped cream.
Servings 20 brownies
- 225 g butter
- 5 large eggs
- 375 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g plain flour
- 75 g cocoa
- .5 tsp cocoa
- .5 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 350 F or Gas Mark 5
- Melt the butter in a microwave and stir int he sugar and vanilla essence.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time
- Once all the eggs have been added, sieve the rest of ingredients and fold in.
- Pour into a greased baking tin or cake tin
- Cook for 25-30 minutes in the oven. Brownies can left a little gooey if you prefer them that way.
- Sieve a little icing sugar on top once the cake is cooled.