Traditionally chickpea curry would be called chana masala. I don’t use a traditional spice mix for mine so I just call it chickpea curry. I use my favourite pakaks paste and add some cream to give it a richer flavour. It definitely isn’t traditional but is very tasty.
I like to serve this as a side dish along with spinach and potato curry or chicken curry and rice or naan.
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 50 ml water
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 100 ml water
- 2 tbsp cream
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the curry paste and 50ml of water.
- Cook for a few minutes before adding the tomato puree.
- Then add the chickpeas and some of the additional water until you are happy with the consistency. You may need to add more water as the curry simmers.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and then add 2 tbsp of cream. This gives a lovely richness.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes and serve.
Leave a Reply