Another soup variation, this time with carrots, butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I use equal quantities of each but you can use whatever you have in your fridge.
I added cinnamon, ginger and cayenne pepper to my soup but again you can leave any or all of them out and add some other spice you prefer.
I serve my soup with freshly bakes bread or rolls.
The soup can be stored in the fridge in a lidded container for 4 day You can also freeze it if you prefer. It is best to freeze in individual portions as that makes it easy to have a delicious lunch quickly.
Carrot, Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 clove garlic
- 500 g carrots
- 500 g butternut squash
- 500 g sweet potato
- 1 ltr vegetable stock or stock cube
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp herb de provence
- freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the onion and celery into chunks and saute in the rapeseed oil for 5 minutes until soft.
- In the meantime peel and chop the carrots, butternut squash and sweet potatoes.
- Add the garlic clove, carrots, butternut squash and sweet potatoes to the pan and saute for another 10 minutes with the lid closed.
- Add the spices for the last minute.
- Add the stock (or stock cube dissolved in hot water) and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Using a stick blender, puree the soup until it reaches a smooth consistency. If it seems too thick add some water.
- Serve with some fresh bread.