This is a lovely dessert to make which is quick and easy and delicious. The pineapple gets even sweeter as it is caramelised and is perfect served with vanilla ice-cream.
You can caramelise the pineapple on the hob or on your bbq on a summer’s evening.
Servings 4 people
- 1 pineapple
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- Peel and cut your pineapple into half. Then cut into quarters and remove the tough inner portion.
- Cut each quarter into two for a total of 8 pieces
- Combine the sugar and honey or maple syrup and coat the pineapple slices
- Heat your frying pan to a low medium heat and add the butter.
- Add the pineapple slices and fry on each side for 4-5 minutes turning once
- If using a bbq then combine some melted butter withe the sugar and honey or maple syrup before coating the pineapple slices. Then bbq for 4-5 minutes on each side
- Serve with some vanilla ice-cream and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey
Leave a Reply