Making your spice mix is a great way to save money and to control what goes into the mix. A lot of commercial spices mixes contain more salt than necessary so making your own allows you to use less.
Spice mixes are so simple and quick to make and last for up to a year in a sealed jar. I normally use my mixes within 3 months.
Cajun Spice Mix
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoons fine salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl or spice jar until evenly combined.
- Use immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 1 year.