This is a tasty and quick dinner that is just perfect for a busy day. The prep time and cook time are about the same length – less than 15 minutes each.
If serving with rice cook the rice while cutting the steak into thin strips as this will save some waiting time. Noodles take less time so you can cook them later in the prep time.
I use fresh ginger and garlic along with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cornflour, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil for my sauce. You could also add chilli flakes, tabasco or fresh chillis to provide a kick.
Fresh ginger can be stored in the freezer and can be grated straight from frozen into any sauce. I love this tip as it means I always have fresh ginger when I need it.
I usually add a lot of cashew nuts as my kids love them.
It is a dish that is perfect for leftovers for lunch the next day.
Beef & Broccoli Stirfry
- 500 g sirloin steak
- Medium to large broccoli head
- 1 thumbnail portion ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 100-200 ml water
- Handful of Cashew Nuts
- Sunflower or Vegetable Oil
- Cut the sirloin steak into thin strips
- Cut the broccoli into small florets
- Grate the ginger and garlic and all the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cornflour, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil
- Heat your wok and add a little oil.
- Stir fry the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, adding some water to steam it
- Add a little more oil and stir fry the beef for 3-4 minutes
- Add the cashew nuts and stir fry for 1 minute
- Add the sauce and cook for a further minute
- Add some more water or cornflour if needed
- Serve with rice or noodles. Add to the wok and mix thoroughly.