This is a lovely lunch time salad especially on a warm summers day. I love to serve it with some fresh crusty bread. It would be a great dish to bring along to a family picnic.
Prep Time 10 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp english mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 small red onion
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 tin green lentils
- 1 tin tuna
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- De-seed the tomatoes and chop finely. Finely chop the red onion.
- To make the dressing, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, cumin powder, coriander powder and crushed garlic in a small bowl.
- Mix together the onion, tomatoes and lentils in a large bowl. Flake the tuna and add to the bowl.
- Stir in the chopped coriander
- Pour the dressing over the salad and season with black pepper