These pastry treats are a great weekend breakfast and a surefire crowd pleaser. They are so quick to make and taste delicious.
There are only two ingredients in this recipe – ready made puff pastry sheets and Nutella. You spread Nutella on one sheet of puff pastry, cover it with a second sheet, cut into thin strips and twist each strip. It couldn’t be simpler! Kids love to help make them.
You can adapt this recipe to different types of sweet or savory twists – pesto, cheese, peanut butter, jam – the possibilities are endless.
Lidl currently sell sheets of ready made puff pastry for less than €1 which are great. I keep a few in my freezer at all times.
We have managed to keep a few twists for the next day but they taste best just out of the oven.
Nutella Pastry Twists
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to 180 C, 350 F or Gas Mark 4
- Take your sheet of puff pastry and half it into two sheets.
- Roll both new sheets out to make them a little bit bigger.
- Spread a thick layer of Nutella on one side of one sheet. Lay the second sheet on top and cut into thin strips. You should get 10-12 strips.
- Take each strip and twist 3-4 times. Pinch the sides and top and bottom to seal.
- You can use egg wash or milk to glaze the pastry if you wish.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minute until risen and golden brown